When it comes to All-Inclusive Holidays, you either love them or you hate them, and while I would put myself in the latter category, a recent trip to a super luxurious all-inclusive resort in Zanzibar (Baraza Resort & Spa) has changed my opinion on what is now the most popular type of package holiday.
All-Inclusive resorts are ideal for families and those on a budget. Once you’ve paid for you holiday, the idea is that you don’t have to worry about extra expenses while you are away, but sadly, many all-inclusive holidays are not as ‘inclusive’ as they should be, and many travellers find themselves paying for extras such as ‘speciality’ restaurants, premium brand drinks, and sporting equipment.
However, not all All-Inclusive Resorts are the same, and if you hate the idea of wearing a brightly coloured wristband for a week and drinking out of plastic wine glasses poolside, you might want to check out the Best All-Inclusive Hotels in the World list by TripAdvisor.
Based on millions of travellers reviews, the lists highlights 25 of the best all-inclusive hotels in the world, and while a whopping 12 of them are found in Mexico and 4 in the Dominican Republic, the number #1 spot goes to Kurumba in the Maldives.
If you are looking for a fantastic all-inclusive holiday in 2016, check out the list below, with options in Brazil, Greece, Antigua and Madagascar, there really is something for everyone!
- Kurumba Maldives
- Le Blanc Spa Resort, Mexico
- Excellence Playa Mujeres, Mexico
- Voyage Belek Golf & Spa, Turkey
- Luxury Bahia Principe Cayo Levantado Don Pablo Collection, Dominican Republic
- Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso, Mexico
- The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
- Salinas do Maragogi All Inclusive Resort, Brazil
- Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun, Mexico
- Iberostar Grand Hotel Bavaro, Dominican Republic
- Andilana Beach Resort, Antsiranana Province
- Hyatt Zilara Cancun, Mexico
- Ikos Oceania, Greece
- Iberostar Grand Rose Hall, Jamaica
- Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun, Mexico
- Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit, Mexico
- Galley Bay Resort, Antigua
- The Royal Playa del Carmen, Mexico
- Royalton Cayo Santa Maria, Villa Clara Province
- The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real, Dominican Republic
- El Dorado Maroma, a Beachfront Resort, by Karisma, Mexico
- The Beloved Hotel, Mexico
- Playacar Palace, Mexico
- Live Aqua Cancun All Inclusive, Mexico
- Rixos Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt