TripAdvisor released their Travellers Choice 2013 list of the Top 25 Hotels in the world today, and I while I am a little sad to see that I have never stayed in any of the world’s top hotels (on this list), I am happy to say that I have added them all onto my bucket list and hope to be knocking on their doors sometime soon!
I absolutely love staying in luxury hotels, and while its indulgent (and sometimes expensive!), there is nothing like returning from a day on the beach, a full day safari, or a Singapore shopping trip to find a fluffy bathrobe, a pair of slippers, and a super king size bed with more pillows than makes sense!
So without further ado, there are the top 25 hotels in the world today as voted for by TripAdvisor’s Travellers Choice, and if you have been to any of them, please let us know if you think they deserve a place on this list!
- Four Seasons Resort Hualalai at Historic Ka’Upulehu, Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
- Cape Grace, Cape Town, South Africa (We’ve been in the foyer… does that count?)
- Onyria Marinha Edition Hotel & Thalasso, Cascais, Portugal (Is this really better than Villa Joya?)
- Rudding Park Hotel, Harrogate, United Kingdom (Hurrah for GB!)
- The Upper House, Hong Kong, China
- Four Seasons Resort Mauritius at Anahita, Beau Champ
- The Samaya Bali, Seminyak, Indonesia
- Baros Maldives, North Male Atoll
- Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet, Istanbul, Turkey (wow, number 3 for Four Seasons!)
- Aria Hotel, Prague, Czech Republic
- Hotel Belvedere, Riccione, Italy
- La Residence Phou Vao by Orient-Express, Luang Prabang, Laos
- Four Seasons Hotel Hong Kong, Hong Kong, China (number 4!)
- An Lam Ninh Van Bay Villas, Nha Trang, Vietnam
- Veligandu Island Resort, North Ari Atoll
- Al Maha Desert Resort, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Four Seasons Resort Maldives at Kuda Huraa, North Male Atoll (5!)
- L’Hermitage Hotel, Vancouver, British Columbia
- Hotel Alpenhof Hintertux, Hintertux, Austria (waving Austrian Flag for this one!)
- The Oberoi Mauritius, Pointe Aux Piments, Mauritius
- Neorion Hotel, Istanbul, Turkey
- The Oberoi Udaivilas, Udaipur, India
- Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace, Budapest, Hungary (number six… getting boring now!)
- The Milestone Hotel, London, United Kingdom
- Sol & Luna Lodge & Spa, Urubamba, Peru
So there you have it, the world’s top 25 hotels for 2013! Four Seasons’ certainly seem to the champion on this list, and it is nice to see such a mix of destinations! How many have you stayed in?