One of the most beautiful cities in the world, Sydney Australia is an action packed holiday destination that offers everything from gorgeous sandy beaches and superior sporting action, to fine dining restaurants and superb shopping venues.
You could easily spend a month or two discovering Sydney, but if, like most, you only have a few days in this vibrant metropolis, here is our list of Top 10 things to do (and see!) in and around Sydney during your stay…
- Drink a cocktail outside the Sydney Royal Opera House and admire the magnificent views of the Harbour Bridge and the city.
- If you have a head for heights (I don’t!), take the Sydney Harbour Bridge Climb – everyone we spoke to said it was the highlight of their trip.
- Head to Bondi Beach in your coolest, chicest swimwear and hang out with the ‘beautiful people’ all afternoon (note… beauty is in the eye of the beholder!).
- Take the boat from Sydney harbour to Manly beach and enjoy a bag of fish & chips on the seafront before visiting Oceanworld.
- If you don’t mind paying a bit extra for your fish & chips (about 45 Australian Dollars!), take the boat to Doyle’s on the Beach in Watsons Bay – pricey, but beautiful!
- No holiday in Sydney would be complete without a trip to the Blue Mountains in Katoomba, where, on a clear day, you can take some spectacular pictures of the Three Sisters Mountain Range.
- If you appreciate Australian Wines, a visit to Hunter Valley should most definitely features on your travel itinerary.
- Sydney hosts some of the world’s most prominent sporting events, and if you are there right now – you could see the British Lions Rugby Team in all their glory!
- Go shopping – enough said!
- After all that, you will need a good meal and a bottle of Australian Wine – so why not spend your last evening in Sydney taking a dinner cruise along the harbour… the perfect end to your perfect Australian Adventure!
8 Comments Add yours
Great list. Being a Sydney-sider myself, I would also recommend doing some of the coastal walks. The Coogee-Bondi walk is one of my favourites.
I am sure you have lots of good tips Penne! We will be in touch next time we are Sydney-bound…:) How lucky are you to live there!!
Proud to say I have done all but number 8!
Sydney is a pure joy!!
Brilliant! Is there anything you did that we should do next time? 🙂
The QVB (Queen Victoria Building) is gorgeous.
Tarango Zoo can’t be topped
There is a gelato stand at Circular Quay
(You will know it by the lines) plus the potato wedges at the little ferry shops are great!
The Italian part of Sydney is called –
Fantastic food & shopping!
So much to do there!
I have been 6 times- my twin is married to an Aussie (Sydney-sider)- lucky me:)
Phew… Our next visit needs to be a long one! Thanks for the tips!! 😉
Makes me want to go down under