Lonely Planet has released its annual ‘Best in Travel’ guide, and if you cannot decide where to go or what to do for your annual holiday in 2014, you might want to invest in this latest write-up from the world’s most famous travel gurus.
Covering categories such as “The world’s best luxury Boot Camps, Best Adventure travel for 2014, and Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014”, this travel encyclopaedia is bursting with travel tips and ideas, and it also comes up with a few ‘wacky’ suggestions for those looking for something a bit different, such as “Top 10 destinations for Feline Fanatics” and “Travel Essentials for Beatlemaniacs”.
When it comes to the Top 10 Countries to visit in 2014, well, there are certainly some surprises on this list, but if you want to keep up with the latest travel trends, here is where you should be heading next year (and what you can expect when you get there)…
1. Brazil – World Cup, Beaches and Beer
2. Antarctica – Icebergs, Killer Whales and Vodka
3. Scotland – Tartan, Shortbread and Whisky
4. Sweden – Pickled Herrings, Culture and Vodka
5. Malawi – Beaches, Africa’s Big 5 and Malawi Vodka
6. Mexico – Beaches, Fajitas and Tequila
7. Seychelles – Fine beaches, fine dining and Palm Wine
8. Belgium – Beer, Chocolate… and Beer
9. Macedonia – Lakes, Tradition and Rakija or Mastika
10. Malaysia – Friendly people, great food, stunning beaches and Beer!
Are any of these destinations on your bucket list for 2014? If so, let us know!