Millions of us are set to travel over the Christmas period, and while we are supposed to be entering the season of “Goodwill to all men”, it seems other people’s annoying travel habits leave us feeling more frustrated than festive!
As usual at this time of the year, there are numerous surveys on the web about Christmas travel, favourite winter holiday destinations, and last-minute flight deals, but today I found a few surveys on annoying travel habits – and just knew I had to share…
Here are just some of the things that travellers across the globe have listed as the most annoying travel habits:
- People boarding the plane before their group number is called
- People who take up more than their share of the overhead compartments
- Babies crying
- Children kicking the backs of our seats
- Those who request window seats, then get up to go to the toilet every five minutes
- People who huff and puff every time we ask them to let us out to use the bathroom
- Anyone with poor hygiene and those who stroll around with bare feet!
- Those who poach the empty middle seat (I’m guilty of this one!)
- People playing games without turning the sound off (or at least down)
- Reclining the seat
- Standing up before the plane has come to a “complete standstill”
- People switching on their mobile phones the minute the plane has landed
- People leaning over the seats to talk to friends in different rows
- People talking to us when we are trying to sleep
- People hogging the toilets when the seatbelt sign is about to be switched on
So there you have it, are you guilty of any of the above? I definitely hog the middle seat if it is free, and I also recline my seat on long-haul flights, but I always put it up during meal times…(if you don’t – please do! 😉 )
Let us know what annoying travel habits drive you crazy!