There is nothing like indulging yourself in the luxurious surroundings of a 5 Star Hotel, but when it comes to staying in the world’s most expensive hotels, you are going to have to dig deep… very deep, if you are to enjoy a summer getaway in Sardinia Italy, Utah in the United States, or Easter Island Chile.
During a recent study, Luxury-Hotels.com compared the rates of luxury hotels across the globe, and came up with a list of the 20 Most Expensive Hotels in the World, which charge between $1106 and $1889 per night for a standard double room during peak summer travel periods (although there is no mention if that includes breakfast!).
And while you may think that the world’s most expensive hotels are located on tropical islands such as Bora Bora and the Maldives, it was actually France that topped the list with 5 hotels in the top 20, Italy followed close behind with 4 hotels, and Chile came in third with 3 exclusive hotels on the list.
So if you are thinking about treating yourself to the ultimate luxury holiday in 2016, now is definitely the time to start saving, especially if you intent to visit one of these amazing (but pricey) properties…
- Amangiri, Canyon Point, USA
- Hotel Cala di Volpe, Sardinia, Italy
- Explora Rapa Nui, Easter Island, Chile
- Cap Estel, Cote d’Azur, France
- Montage Kapalua Bay, Maui, USA
- Hotel Pitrizza, Sardinia, Italy
- Explora Atacama, Atacama Desert, Chile
- Aman Canal Grande, Venice, Italy
- Villa del Parco, Sardinia, Italy
- La Réserve Ramatuelle, Cote d’Azur, France
- Burj Al Arab, Dubai, UAE
- Huka Lodge, North Island, New Zealand
- The Farm at Cape Kidnappers, North Island, New Zealand
- Amankora, Paro, Bhutan
- Auberge du Soleil, Rutherford, USA
- Tierra Atacama Hotel & Spa, Atacama Desert, Chile
- Four Seasons Hotel George V, Paris, France
- Hôtel Plaza Athénée, Paris, France
- Belmond Le Manoir, Oxfordshire, England
- Résidence de la Pinède, Saint-Tropez, France
Have you stayed in any of the above? If so, please drop us a line and let us know – we’d love to find out if they are worth it!!