If you are looking for a truly spectacular winter holiday or 2019 getaway, then look no further than the Condé Nast Traveller UK Awards 2018. Highlighting the ‘Best the Travel World Has to Offer’ this prestigious honours list includes airlines, hotels, ski resorts, exotic islands, spa retreats, cities and much more, all of which have been voted by UK travellers and readers of the luxury travel magazine.
Emirates took the title as the best long-haul airline in the world, with British Airways coming in second place, while Norwegian Air picked up the award for the best short-haul airline, followed by EasyJet. London’s ever-expanding Heathrow took the title as the world’s best airport, just ahead of Singapore’s highly-rated Changi airport, and if you want to visit the best country in the world in 2019, you should be heading to Italy.
If you fancy a spot of skiing this winter, your first choice should be Val-d’Isere in France, but if you’d rather head further afield, Whistler in Canada is a great second choice. The world’s best city title went to Paris, with Rome coming in second place, while the UK’s best city is, unsurprisingly perhaps, London, followed by the beautiful Edinburgh.
When it comes to the world’s best hotels, there are many different categories. Here’s where you should be heading…
- BEST UK HOLIDAY HOTEL: The Gleneagles Hotel, Perthshire
- BEST UK BUSINESS HOTEL: Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park, London
- BEST OVERSEAS BUSINESS HOTEL: Le Bristol Paris, France
- BEST EUROPEAN HOTEL: Hotel Du Cap-Eden-Roc, Antibes, France
- BEST AMERICAN & CARIBBEAN HOTEL: One&Only Palmilla, Los Cabos, Mexico
- BEST MIDDLE EAST, AFRICA & THE INDIAN OCEAN HOTEL: Belmond Mount Nelson, Cape Town, South Africa
- BEST ASIA & THE INDIAN SUBCONTIENT HOTEL: The Oberoi Udaivilas, Udaipur, India
- BEST AUSTRALASIA & THE SOUTH PACIFIC HOTEL: The Brando, French Polynesia
If You are looking for the best beach in the world you need to head to Hawaii (hmm – not sure about that one!), and if you are looking the world’s best destination spa, you should be heading to the Lanserhof Tegernsee in Bavaria, Germany or the Original FX Mayr in Maria Wörth, Austria.
So, there you have it, the world’s best in travel – where are you going on your next holiday?